Purpose of Job
- To support the achievement of country plan objectives in Nigeria by delivering customer services and examinations administration support.
- To maintain them at the highest professional standards as set out in the British Council's EQS (Examination Quality Standards) and by the Examination Board Partners.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
(including people management and finance)
- As Examinations/Customer Service Assistant the post holder will be line managed by the Customer Services Manager.
- This post requires the post holder to work a Tuesday to Saturday week.
- Quality: to deliver a high standard of customer service to our customers, schools and exams candidates. Performance is measured by our own Exams Quality Standards and the inspection visits from Cambridge International Exams and other examination boards.
- Finance: all British Council standards for managing finances are met with relation to managing Purchase Orders, reconciling income, managing contracts and procurement.
- Reliability: to ensure examinations are delivered securely according to board requirements
- To provide services that support British Council examination candidates.
- Front desk is always manned during operational hours
- Visitors are attended to immediately and appropriately
- Phone enquiries answered within 45 seconds of first ring
- Email enquiries are attended to promptly and escalated from regional email centre as per agreed service level agreement
- Payments are collected, receipts issued and accurately posted on the system
- Daily / weekly balanced reconciliations are completed and "parked" on the financial system and spreadsheet.
- Complaints, comments and feedback are dealt with in accordance with corporate policy and the Exams Quality Standards.
- Provide support/assistance to the Exams Team on all aspects of Customer Service and Exams administration
- Use the E-Africa website as the single authoritative source of information for all enquiry handling
- To provide administrative support in the delivery of exams, workshops, seminars and any other project related services in line with Exams Quality Standards (EQS)
- All service registration procedures (e.g. Exams, Certification and other programme registration) are fully understood and implemented to agreed standards.
- Information about the full range of British Council products and services is clearly and confidently articulated to customers, encouraging customer engagement and cross-selling
- To regularly attend staff meetings to both gain and impart knowledge about our customers, products and services
- Regular communication and working is maintained with back-of-house teams.