The Customer Service role is a Front Office function responsible for attending to the bank/walk-in customers’ needs, requests and inquiries. This is an important role given the fact that one of the most critical issues in banking today is the delivery of high quality service to customers and which has a direct impact on satisfaction, loyalty and revenue. The purpose of the Customer Service function is therefore to provide outstanding service in an easy, consistent and timely manner to customers as part of a comprehensive strategy aimed at improving quality in the front office.
- Chequebook requests - Receipt of customer cheque book requests, processing on Orbiflow, collection of cheque-books from Documentation & Account Services and recording in the register.
- Receipt and review of mandate changes and dispatch to Documentation and Account Services.
- Receipt and review of transactions media from customers e.g. Telegraphic Transfer requests, FX purchases requests etc. and dispatch to appropriate processing units
- Returned Cheques Handling – Receipt from Clearing, recording in the Returned Checks register and advising respective RMs/CSR, and writing of letters to Customers.
- Writing of acknowledgement letters to Customers whenever a checkbook is released to their representatives or third parties within 24 hours.
- Daily receipt of processed drafts from funds transfer and management of Managers check delivery to customers.
- Weekly reconciliation of the managers register and reporting of outstanding drafts for customers collection.
- Attending to all walk-in customer requests and enquiries (e.g. account balances enquires and account statement requests).
- Stop Payments Order (SPO) Processing – Effecting stoppage of cheques on Flexcube and tracking of documentation in respect thereof.
- Rendition of various reports – Uncollected returned checks over one month, weekly report for uncollected chequebooks, Volume statistics report, Chequebooks (over 30days) for destruction, SPO Charges report.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory and institutional policies
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of customer and transactional information stored in any form (images, application files, databases, spreadsheets, papers, registers, files etc.) in line with local procedures and departmental designations. Ensure proper put-away procedures are observed at close of business and during any temporal absence from workstation.
- Participate in the Monthly Proof and Surprise Proofs
- Perform additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by unit management.
- Signature verification of documents from "other banks’’ and customers.
- Be a point of contact for the processing Centre, product and relationship managers, customers and regulators on customer account related issues.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as required.
- Review service delivery standards and benchmark in line with customer and business requirements.
- B.Sc. degree/first degree
- The ideal candidate should have a 1-2 years in banking experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which is required for both internal and external business partners.
- Strong PC and database management skills.
- Good control skills
- Good reporting and tracking skills
- Attention to details in document review
- Good organizational and planning skills required to manage a large number of requests. Team player who pays attention to details with a high degree of control and emphasis to quality.
- Self-discipline and dedication.
- Quick learner
- Willing to take on extra duties as may be required.
- Ability to quickly understand operational risks associated with documentation handling and processes
- Compliance with Citigroup controls, local and international laws.
- Ability to cope under high-pressure and multitasking ability
- Very good with handling diverse and irate customers