· Manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans.
· Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
· Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
· Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
· Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
· Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced sales representatives.
· Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
· Solid understanding of how to think strategically
· Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams in implementation of customer or territory projects and improvement
· Ability to develop rapport, build trust, and create value in relationships with customers and channel partners
· Ability to establish a plan for a call, set call objectives, develop a call strategy, and conduct and close the call. Incorporates Sales Dialogue Skills (Listening and Probing)
· Ability to assess the support needs of the territory or customer, develop and deliver the training, policies and programs to support them and establishes a communication network
· Ability to understand profitability performance and reasons for variation with appropriate actions to address and ensure maximization of margin across product lines
· Ability to identify and execute the key initiatives to achieve goals with customers and/or channel partners
· Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means
Ability to understand and act on financial information
· Ability to efficiently manage escalation process to quickly resolve customer issues
· Ability to travel meeting customers / issue resolution; 60-70% travel
· Diesel engine / Combustion systems from a service background – required
· OE Truck, Dealer or Distributer network - required