High Risk Role
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as High Risk Roles. High Risk Roles are those where employee malpractice could lead to significant financial and/or reputational damage through internal fraud, data loss, bribery or the leaking of confidential information. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required to undergo a range of enhanced security/background checks as part of the pre-employment vetting process.This role has been designated as a High Risk role and any candidate hired into this role would be subject to this vetting. In the event that you are short-listed for this role, further details are available from the HSBC Recruitment team on our enhanced security/background checking processes.
The purpose of this role is to conduct investigations, into serious or complex frauds related to Internet Banking. Ensuring high standards of investigations and make recommendations with respect to individual fraud losses by reporting modus operandi, sequence of events, disciplinary action taken for senior line managers in a timely manner. Support and supervise the GR T&IM team to conduct Internet Banking Log review using Cognos. Provide guidance to HBME Regions & RCC to undertake preventive measures against IB frauds and aim at curtailing losses by undertaking prompt action against the impostor. Develop tactical solutions to deal with rapid and on-going changes in technology and of new security vulnerabilities.
Impact on the Business
- COGNOS - Fraud detection system. Preventing fraud by reviewing suspicious activity resulting into financial savings for the bank
- IB Fraud Investigation – Make recommendations with respect to individual fraud losses by reporting modus operandi, sequence of events, disciplinary action taken.
- Provide Guidance and advice preventive measures to HBME Regions & RCC against IB fraud attacks.
- Develop & deliver appropriate security awareness on phishing & Malware threats amongst customers’.
Customers / Stakeholders
- COGNOS– Engaging with GSC team on day to day operations of Cognos. Supporting them in their fraud detection process.
- Regional Internet Banking Fraud Operations – Monitoring IB Frauds at regional level and engaging with the Area coordinators by providing guidance and remedial measures to be adopted.
- IB Fraud Investigation – Engage with various departments in the bank – IT, Regional Call Center, Information Security, Network Service Center, & Compliance in relation to Fraud Investigation.
- Monitor all phishing sites targeting UAE & Regions reported by customers’/staff and manage Regional Malware Logs furnished by our Third Party Vendor.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Managing Cognos team in GSC – Monitoring team performance, performing quality checks, giving timely feedback, ensuring Reports are generated and dispatched within SLA at all times.
- Managing – Regional Internet Banking Fraud Monitoring & Deterrence Operations – Monitor suspicious Internet Banking Third Party transfers along with suspicious IP addresses, recommend remedial measures to be adopted on fraud cases, generating monthly MI for the entire region and present it to the Senior Management.
- Security & Fraud Risk Team – Perform investigations on fraud cases and assist the fraud investigation team as and when required. Also provide guidance to the fraud detection team especially card fraud team by sharing my vast knowledge and experience in the area of cards fraud.
- Monitor and Liaise with HBME countries on all suspect fraud cases from HBME and investigate
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Effectively apply HBME’s methodology and support HBME Regions in fraud detection & investigations.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of fraud detection & Prevention techniques.
The jobholder will be working under the Fraud Prevention team and will be directly reporting to Manager – Regional Regional Manager Fraud Risk. The jobholder is required to effectively manage various fraud prevention projects and also manage fraud prevention systems / tools.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- A Bachelor degree holder having three to five years of experience in the area of fraud management. Banking experience required with strong analytical skills. Project management skills. Thorough knowledge of banking systems. Ability to detect fraud early and being aware current fraud trends – specially in the area of third party fraud – card fraud and first party – application fraud.
- Must have digital forensics experience.