Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- Create ways to store, organize, and present data.
- Work with businesses and managers to identify user needs.
- Perform complex technical, analytical and professional services involving program/member services, evaluation, database-driven Web sites, office operations.
- Administer a variety of database systems including Microsoft SQL Server, Filemaker Pro, and others.
- Maintain and administer Web server and middleware tools.
- Set up new computer databases.
- Integrate old systems data with new system.
- Test and coordinate modifications.
- Assume the technical lead for SQL Server and online database projects.
- Create high-level reporting systems.
- Audit, modify, and amend data in systems using SQL commands, hand-editing, and bulk import.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues as they arise.
- Ensure system is running smoothly.
- Add new users to the system as needed.
Database administrator must possess a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field, from a reputable institution. Addition of MBA with a specialization in information technology management is an added advantages. Candidates must be relevant in IT experience especially in database concepts and programming, network theory and design, electronic commerce, decision support systems and introduction to Internet applications.
Candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced technical and programming skills.
- Apply proven principles of theory and design to build and manage a database.
- Implement best practices in information technology management.
- Determine significant features, advantages and disadvantages of various database systems.
- Leverage expert-level skills and knowledge to succeed in a database administrator.
Mode of Application
All qualified and interested candidate should forward their cv to:email@example.com before 27/10/14