The DC & Cloud Solutions Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and performing installations, preventive and remedial maintenance of servers configured in clustered environments, located within a computing environment. He/She will interface with hardware vendors to establish successful integration of equipment into associated systems and provide top level technical expertise and support for all services. He/she will also work with the technical department to develop hardware configuration test plans to support implementation efforts.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring maximum uptime on existing hardware/networks.
- Performing as needed, hardware/network maintenance or configuration changes as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of new hardwares, including servers, switches and storage arrays.
- Provide quick and timely updates to work tickets, and provide prompt responses to requests
- Identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and responsiveness, makes recommendations and implements efficiencies as necessary.
- Ensure orderliness, maintains accurate hardware inventory records and publishes best practice procedures for operations.