- The Data Centre Services Manager (DCSM) will coordinate all Data Centre Services to internal and external customers and shall be the single point of contact for all such services.
- The DCSM will formulate strategic plans and tactical measures to deliver DC services to the customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assumes ownership of the Data Centre space and liaise with the DCOM & Facilities Manager to ensure consistent customer experience.
- Manage the Service Coordination team and liaising with Technical Sales, DC Product specialists and the DC operations team to ensure that the right technical solutions are designed for the customer.
- Manage the entire cycle of customer on-boarding process (from feasibilities studies to sign-off) and ensuring that detailed and realistic project implementation plans are developed for the customer onboarding.
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders and across functional teams to maximize the customer experience
- Coordinate Data Centre tours for potential customer and visitors or assigning such responsibilities as may be needed.
- Proactively identifies potential issues and drives solution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvements.
- Ongoing technical supports for activities involving Data Center supports services and Operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Data Centre processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and reflect industry best practice
- Forecast staff needs, including coaching, motivating and developing team members.
- Develops the Data Center Standard Service Procedures (SSP) including Service methodologies and processes.
- Be a highly effective peer, leader, and partner within the Information Services leadership team.
- To work under the supervision of GM, MainData.
- DC operations Manager, Technical sales, DC Product Specialists, Facilities Engineers, NOC Engineers.
- Experience working in IT/ Data Centre Operations including operational experience in Building Management or Data Center Information Management systems, common tools, methods, and techniques
- Excellent IT/DC Operations Process Management Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with IT /DC Operations & Services management and Customer Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage 24x7 Operations support teams and manage team to achieve stringent KPIs
- Proven ability to forecast and manage facilities IT infrastructure and services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with Data Centre Standards and ISO 9001 and 27001 certifications
- Experience from a matured colocation Data Center Operations environment is a requirement.
- Good experience of Data Centre facilities such as UPS, HVAC, BMS, Access control and surveillance systems is a requirement.
- Operational leadership experience and previous experience in co-location operations will be a significant advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required. ITIL V3 Certification and MBA will be an added advantage.
- 6-10 years of experience in Data Centre Business, 5 of which must be in data centre operations, preferably in an open access/colocation environment.
- Experience with data center subsystems - generators, UPS, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, access control systems, CCTV and other critical subsystems required to assure data center operations
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work even at odd hours when the work demands.