· Shaping and/or supporting the delivery of data centre build, consolidation and migration projects from initial assessment and high level design through to effective delivery.
· Driving data centre technology strategy and developing transition roadmaps and implementation approaches
· Driving and reviewing data centre facilities and technology diagnosis and assessment activities.
· Developing high level designs which support robust technology solutions, taking into account the user and technical requirements.
· Driving technology architecture, infrastructure detailed design, build and test activities.
· Driving and delivering application migration assessment, planning and execution activities
· Identifying business opportunities for using virtualisation, private cloud or public cloud for technology-related improvements using benchmark data and supporting high-level cost benefits analyses
· Developing presentation material and delivering presentations to senior IT stakeholders
· Providing input into and contributing to business case development and TCO analysis
· Contributing to re-useable asset development and harvesting within the practice
· Working on projects across a variety of industry sectors
Professional Skill Requirements
Candidates will have the following skills:
· Exceptional business acumen, interpersonal and analytical skills with credential in strong relationship building, team working, project management and stakeholder management.
· Previous experience of working and consulting with a client to deliver value and business benefits using data centre technologies and operational systems
· Proven experience of influencing key stakeholders within an IT organisation
· Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Demonstrated career progression to date
· All candidates must be willing to be London or Manchester based, but offer full mobility (i.e. prepared to work away from home at client locations Monday to Friday as required)
· Ideally, educated to Bachelor degree level or have equivalent relevant experience
Technical Skill Requirements
Candidates will have a selection of the following skills:
· Proven skills in shaping and supporting the delivery of infrastructure solutions from initial assessment and qualification through to effective delivery
· Proven experience designing virtualisation hardware platforms including server, storage and network elements
· Proven experience in server and storage consolidation, rationalisation and replatforming.
· Experience in developing and delivering data centre consolidation strategies/ application migration approaches, implementation roadmaps and business cases focused on business priorities and benefits
· Experience in designing and delivering orchestrated and manageable data centre operations solutions using innovative Next Generation Data Centre tools, techniques and technologies.
· Proven involvement and contribution in large-scale physical-to-virtual and virtual-to-virtual migration projects using tools such as Platespin or VMware Converter Enterprise, VMM
· Some hands on experience in implementing virtualisation (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V or Xen)
· Some hands on experience in utilisation of virtualisation assessment tools such as PlateSpin, VMware Capacity Planner, Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), Xcedex X_Factor or similar
· Experience in installing and/ or configuring virtualisation management tools (e.g. vCenter, vSphere and VMM)Additional experience with the design and configuration of 3rd Party tools supporting the operations of virtualised environments (e.g. VEEAM, BMC, Tivoli, etc) considered as an advantage
· Experience of virtual desktop infrastructure would be advantageous
· Experience of storage virtualisation, configuration or management.
· Knowledge of database technologies considered as an advantage
· Understanding of the cloud and public/private infrastructure as a service (IaaS) value propositions, skills in communicating these concepts to others and a desire to grow into visionaries and thought leaders in this area.
- Experience in developing and delivering infrastructure Cloud strategies, adoption roadmaps and business cases focused on business priorities and benefits to help ensure our clients can leverage these innovative and disruptive technologies in the most appropriate way.
· Experience in designing private cloud solutions with insights into the engineering required for true 'cloud-like' agility and flexibility including the tooling needed for effective management, control and operations
- Experience of developing solutions for public cloud providers such as Amazon, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure or others to create robust, secure and operable hybrid cloud infrastructure capabilities