Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Database Specialist Job Purpose: Maintains database by planning, monitoring, and improving performance.
Database Specialist Job Description shall include but not limited to the following:
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The responsibilities for the Data Management Specialist shall be, to provide a reliable and efficient database records, enabling the management to effectively achieve its goals; to provide adequate and appropriate technical support to assist district personnel in achieving their job goals.
The Data Management Specialist shall hold:
1. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related area from an accredited college or university.
2. Have at least three years of relevant experience in database management.
3. Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license with no serious violations.
4. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
5. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
6. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
7. Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job.
Must have knowledge in the following:
Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems etc
Method of Application;
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to; firstname.lastname@example.org the job position applied for in the subject header with their contact number.Only shortlisted and eligible candidate will be contacted.