- The Development Economics Group (DEC) increases understanding of development policies and programs by providing intellectual leadership and analytical services to the World Bank and the wider development community.
- DEC is the premier research and data arm of the World Bank Group.
Development Data Group (DECDG):
- Good data, combined with knowledge and experience and augmented by new technologies, have the capacity to transform the development process.
- They document successes, bear witness to failures, and throw light on complex problems.
- They give governments and citizens the information needed to make decisions and control their own development.
- The mission of the Development Data Group is to make national and international data and statistics widely accessible to clients within and outside the Bank and to improve the capacity of member countries to produce, use, and make accessible the data they collect.