- Position, Sell and manage business aligned Data center solutions in the areas of High Availability/Disaster recovery/Business continuity solutions, WAN Optimization, Data Center Computing Systems and Hardware, Data Center Physical Infrastructure/power/cooling solutions, Data center Storage & Virtualization solutions by partnering with the AM, BD and Professional Services teams.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and profit margins in alignment with corporate objectives
- Hire and retain presales staff in conjunction with HR and Management
- Consult with clients and potential clients to determine their technology requirements and ensure business alignment
- Define and seek approval for pricing & products for the applicable solution areas of the dept.
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales -especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Provides Technical Sales and solution management leadership while ensuring knowledge transfer and skills development amongst team
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Responsible for risk and rewards of the dept. and setting performance targets for team members
- Managing, motivating and developing the members of the dept.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the dept. and ensuring that they are in line with strategic direction of Infrastructure solutions Biz unit.
- Own, Drive and continuously innovate the dept. practices as a core around PREPARE, PLAN, DESIGN stages of technology lifecycle and engagement model while partnering with Professional Services team to deepen, harness and maximize IMPLEMENT, OPERATE and OPTIMIZE stages. To ultimately deepen our Systems Integration practice while sustaining and growing the business.
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending professional development training, workshops, seminars and conferences and by reading professional literature in the related technical field
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
A good first degree in engineering, computer science or other related discipline with a minimum of 6-9 years post-graduate experience. Professional certifications – e.g ITIL, PMP or PRINCE 2 is desirable
The ideal candidate MUST have a proven track record of having performed in similar capacity. Must have strong familiarity of Networking infrastructure solutions and with an In-depth knowledge of ICT business environment.
The ideal candidate MUST have a proven track record of performing a technical sales management or presales management role focusing on Storage and Data Centre Solutions.
The ideal candidate MUST have worked with industry leading Storage/Data Centre technology -such from vendors like Netapp, EMC, IBM, Sun, VMware, HP and Microsoft and must be able to position and communicate the business value proposition of these & applicable technologies to clients with alignments at various levels.
Deep experience in Data Centre core Infrastructure/networking such as Datacenter Power & Cooling, DC WAN Optimization, DC High availability, DC load balancing and DC Virtualization is also desirable.
An MBA or relevant post graduate degree/professional qualification e.g. CCIE, CCNA, CCNP will be an added advantage.
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
- Must be resilient
Sound ethics and integrity
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
- Excellent Customer, communication and presentation skills
- C-level Selling skills an asset.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is Crucial.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative Environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and Problem-solving capabilities.