Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Installing new software, hardware (servers, printers, computer work stations etc) and anti-virus
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet
- Fixing network faults and providing technical support for people using the network
- Training staff on new systems
- Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
- Planning future improvements
- Making sure all IT meets industry standards
- At least an OND, HND or BSc in computer science
- Good at organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Able to explain technical problems in a simple way
- A good team player
- Dedicated to keeping their skills and knowledge fresh
- A clear understanding of your employers business and the needs of the users of the systems
- Relevant professional certification will be an extra advantage
- At least a good understanding of structured query language (SQL) 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), object oriented database management systems (OODBMS) and XML database management systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- A good understanding of database architecture, software and database management systems
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- A good understanding of the Data Protection Act
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in technology