Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Responsible for accurately and securely using, maintaining and developing computerised databases within a wide range.
- Keeping databases up to date.
- Helping with database design and development.
- Managing database access.
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements.
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures.
- Implementing security measures.
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals.
Any degree is acceptable for entry, although a qualification in atleast one of the relevant subject such as operational research, mathematics, electronics, computer studies or software/computer engineering can be advantageous. For graduates without relevant qualifications or experience, a postgraduate computing/IT qualification is beneficial.
Candidates must be patient, meticulous and logical in their work and capable of prioritising tasks. Good problem solving, analytical, administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills are also important.
Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software and structure) is essential. Technical expertise and previous computer industry work experience can be advantageous.