The Database Administrator will be responsible for the definition, planning, designing, development and maintenance of enterprise database management systems used in a distributed computing environment.
Install and upgrade database servers and application tools.
Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements for the database system and possibly recommend same to management.
Modify database structure as requested by application developers and ensure such modification satisfies security and performance requirement.
Enroll users and maintain system security at all times
Ensure compliance with database vendor license agreement
Control, monitor and ensure user access to the database does not compromise data integrity.
Monitor and optimize the performance of the database at all times
Plan for backup and recovery of database information and work with infrastructure team on requirements and deployment for disaster recovery strategy.
Maintain archived data and ensure they are available when needed.
Lead successful backup and restore processes
Interface with database vendors for technical support
Generate various reports by querying from database as per need for business intelligent reports.
Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- A minimum of 3 years IT experience with at least 2 years of database administration engagement in a reputable company
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Should be able to analyze, design, develop, build/patch and unit test all software deliverables .
- Should be able to manage multiple linked databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery as well as development and implementation of bulk data import/export procedures.
- Candidate will be expected to learn quickly, demonstrate creative and practical problem solving skills and possess sound judgment.