Do you have passion for technical training? Do you have the skills to join the engineering organization? Are you interested in improving Microsoft’s solutions for the CloudOS strategy? Do you have deep knowledge of datacenter infrastructures, technologies, and strategies? Do you have leading-edge skills in virtualization and cloud computing (Private, Hybrid, and Public)? Are you familiar with the competitive landscape in datacenter management, especially VMware, BMC and HP Software? If so, the Windows Server and System Center (WSSC) engineering team have an opening for the role of Program Manager (PM).
This position will drive technical excellence by helping our field sales force and partners “Win” deals during technical selling opportunities, prepare and deliver technical readiness materials, and work with business/product groups to drive key solution enhancements. The Program Manager will play a key matrix-leadership role in supporting the sales force on technical strategy and in elevating our technical presence during the most complex Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements. This position reports to the EMEA WSSC CAT time zone Lead.
As part of the WSSC CAT team, we have four key priorities:
1. Customer engagement via STMG program support (such as SPLH, National Cloud and others) and the “Solution Factory” model across STB to triage and qualify opportunities/escalations. This is primarily pre-sales or pre-deployment effort. We will also take on limited post-sales or in-deployment efforts around executive office requests.
2. Product Feedback. We drive feedback into the product teams and align with milestone planning and delivery timelines.
3. Knowledge delivery to bootstrap the community efforts. We deliver knowledge, tools, samples and best practices to the IT Pro community via Technet.
4. Field enablement. We support the STMG’s TPM team on their charter to drive field enablement tools and materials and we will, as engineering, build and run demo and lab systems and services to support their efforts.
Key Success Criteria
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, technical and training skills. The PM role needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with employees and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the PM will also need to have a deep understanding of the strategies and offerings of key competitors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
Strong matrix-management skills and the ability to deal effectively in ambiguous environments are a basic requirement. The ability to work proactively across different internal groups and have positive influence with various internal and external contacts is also critical to this position.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
Datacenter Architecture, Virtualization, Windows Server, System Center, Azure, Storage, Networking, Enterprise Client.
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
Great communication and presentation skills. Fast learning and self-driven.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong customer and employee satisfaction record, demonstrable experience in cross-group, cross-functional sales, marketing, engineering and/or IT service management.
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language Skills
Effective language skills in two or more European, Middle East or African languages are an advantage and international travel will be required.
The position could be based in a number of MEA countries and Russia/Ukraine will also be considered.
Software development skills are also an advantage.