To manage the data & corporate voice network and perform network Integration and configuration.
• Interface with IP Systems Planning to review new and existing projects.
• Interface with TX Edge in reviewing IP/Cross connect Projects.
• Formulate and actively contribute to the data and corporate voice network strategies, in line with the MTNN set standard.
• Review and Provide Input to DCN Integration plans for smooth running of Network Operations.
• Coordinate the Implementation of Voice and Data Network Requirements.
• Monitor and maintain the performance of the department and ensure key deliverables such as, MTTR, Availability of Data and Voice Network, are met.
• Coordinate day –to-day support for MTN Data and Corporate Voice Network and resolve network related faults.
• Guarantee accurate and timely delivery of project as well as Network Health and Security.
• Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Dynamic, Exciting and challenging group
Experience & Training
• A first degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related discipline
• Professional IT qualification MCSE, CCNP is required.
• Minimum of 6 years work experience with at least 3 years in an Enterprise support environment with experience in LAN / WAN, Routers, Switches
• PBX Experience (Ericsson MD110 & BP250)
• Cisco Specialization (Voice or Security)
• Previous experience in Telecommunications in a Team Leadership Role will be an added advantage
• Network management.
• BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND