- To ensure that all passengers embark and dis-embark the boat in a safe manner.
- To ensure correct Along-siding, mooring, fender installation.
- To ensure all passenger aboard fill the passenger’s manifest. Non applicable to popular jetty.
- To ensure all passengers wear their life vest, if applicable.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
General cleaning of the boat at all times, correct disposal of items or materials that are liable to cause accident within and outside the boat, keeping watch on the boat at the jetty to avoid theft, vandalism and damage. Ensure safely tied up at all times, does all rope work on board, monitors boat mooring ropes and make sure they are properly stowed in their correct positions. Apply emergency procedures giving clear commands to captain and passengers.
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- First aid certificate.
- Personal Survival Technique.
- Fire Prevention and Fighting Certificate.
- Able Seaman Certificate of Competency. (Not compulsory).
- Minimum of 2-3 Years’ experience in similar role.
- Good English and communication (verbal) skills.
- Read and Write.