- Operates the volume forecasting process within the Supply Chain Operating Model supporting the Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) in order to improve customer service levels and reduce working capital
- Responsible for the calculation and reporting of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy , bias, working capital and customer service
- Partners with the LOC Marketing teams and leads the monthly Demand Review Meetings to discuss baseline forecasts and agree any forecast adjustments.
- Responsible to ensure, through input from the LOCs, that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction, competitor activity and Tenders to ensure proper production planning is in place
- Prepares forecast inputs into the key Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings including Demand Review, feeding through to Supply Review and regional S&OP meetings. Participates to LOC Demand Review Meetings
- Promotes a "one number" mindset to drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability
- Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in GSK's supply chain including Inventory Reduction, ERP, Supply Chain Transformation etc. Develops in collaboration with the Demand Forecasting Manager(s) appropriate forecast models to support forecasting of the existing SKU portfolio as well as the launch of new products or line extensions
- Ensures that the statistical baseline sales forecasts are completed in line with the agreed planning calendar and that the optimum forecasting models are applied to each SKU within the Therapy
- Provides detailed, timely forecast reporting across multiple markets and assigned Therapies for input to Forecast Review Meetings, Demand Review Meeting, and ultimately feed into Country/Regional/Glo?bal? S&OP.
- Responsible for the administration and update of APO and/or legacy forecasting systems and tools with respect to forecast models, SKU data maintenance, forecast data entry and validation.
- Discuss with the Commercial team the relevant sales and marketing information on promotions, competitor activity and other market conditions that will result in an increase or decrease of the projected sales. Also responsible for documenting these assumptions. - Pre-DRM
- Develops and applies exception reporting to enable identification and management of forecast accuracy impacts and month-to-month forecast changes.
- Uses multiple data sources such as IMS, Distributor sales, stock movements and Ex Factory-shipments etc to generate insights to drive improvements to forecast accuracy.
- Provides analytical support to the Supply Chain Manager, Regional Demand Forecasting Director/Manager, and cross-functional teams as required.