The Department Manager plays a key role in maximizing the sales and profitability of the department. He/she works closely with the Area Managers/Store Managers to enhance the commercial performance and maintain excellent relations with key suppliers and ensure the implementation of action plans in accordance with the strategic direction of the Division Manager.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
- Review stock level with stock control and Division Manager and implement actions accordingly
- Follow up with the area managers to ensure optimization of the stock level usage
- Participate in setting up the purchase plan
- Ensure all team members are following the established procedures of ordering/ transfer…
- Coordinate with brand managers and the Marketing Department on the yearly plan suitable for the market and as per the supplier’s calendar
- Develop with the Marketing Manager the yearly calendar and oversee marketing activities implementation
- Recommend to the Marketing team on marketing mix and new openings for shops, and ensure smooth implementation.
- Assist the Division Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and preparing the yearly budgets
- Participate with the Division manager in strategic meetings with suppliers, regional teams…to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
- Negotiate targets, locations and brand support with key suppliers.
- Follow up on daily sales vs monthly/yearly target and take action when necessary
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities and provides suggested action plans
- Provide The Division manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies.
- General Operations
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, logistics, marketing and Merchandizing regards of opening, closing or renovation
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers and business partners to implement partnership negotiated by the Division Manager.
Man Management. This role will directly manage 3 members of staf
Attend Managers’ meetings to review the shops performance and provide regular feedback to Division manager
Ensure the best level of customer service , recommend action plans, coordinate implementation and monitor follow up
Manage, engage and guide the team reporting to him/her
Conduct the appraisal and assessment of own team members
Set the objectives and budgets for own team members and ensure their accomplishment
Responsible for coaching and training own team members, and formalise and follow up on each team member’s Individual Development Plan, in coordination with the employee and HR
Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within his/her unit.
Drives the Business
Interfaces with Brand, Regional & Country Level Business Management
Consolidation by Brand/Country / Region
Max Overall Buying Budget Per Brand of 10 M USD
Analyzing specific country/shop market data regarding:
o Sales Turn Over
o Best Sellers
o Slow Movers
o Trends in Country / City
o Shop location & targeted customer
o Stock Coverage
Sales Target / Budget for specific shop / country
Prepares a pre-buying report
Participates in Budget Preparation - Segmentation and Categories.
Meets suppliers & negotiates Terms of Purchase
Consider in terms of buying
Country / City
Post – Buying
• Build a Presentation the Buying for:
o Informational Purposes for management
o Training purposes for shops & shop staff
o Presentation of the specific products
§ Specific product information
o Present key brand recommendations
• Deliver information for each country.
Stock Management & Overall Sell Trough
•Work together with Brand Analysts to Monitor the Sell Through Rate up to 60% Sell Trough (in terms of value vs seasonal merchandise) on a Region Level:
Act & Liaison with Brand Analysts for Recovery Plan if required
•Work together with Brand Analyst to ensure Stock Management is up to par with Turn Over (6 months of average coverage or other if applicable)
•Build & Maintain Vendor Relationship in a win/win measurement, acting as liaison between countries and brand.
•Monitors Merchandise Shipment up to Shop Receives it.
• Work together with Brand Analysts to ensure accurate Customer Profiling
•Visit the shops (half a day / week) - visual checking
Area responsibility : Multibrand Fashion
Experienced Buying Professional
P&L Management Experience
Strong People Manager as it will Manage a team of 3:
Strong Negotiation Skills
Multitasking capabilities. Will take ownership on buying 3 brands as well as manaing the team
Strong Relationship & Communication Skills.