As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management team, the Deputy Country Director will have shared accountability for Save the Children's international development and emergency programming in a program of approximately $30 million each year through an organisation of more than 150 staff. You will lead the transformation of Save the Children's programming in Nigeria to a new operating model, whilst also delivering Save the Children's strategy within the country through:
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children
- Serving Members and their donors
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and managing new opportunities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team, contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of international programming, in both humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the Save the Children mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change at the country level
- Country Office Oversight
- Country Program Development
- Country Program Representation
- Minimum of a first degree in social sciences and an MBA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a senior leadership role working in an international development context or at a similar level.
- Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Nigeria.
- Proven experience managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
- Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
- Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.