Technical and Management oversight of projects–55%
• Provide technical and management support to all Pact Nigeria projects, including through direct supervision of 2 or more Project Directors.
• Coordinate the timely deployment of financial and human resources across all support departments for program success and attainment of desired results/indicators.
• Oversee the overall program management cycle (planning to evaluation), ensuring that projects and programs are delivered to the highest quality and meet Pact and Donor standards and requirements.
• Ensure that proper program monitoring and evaluation systems are in place.
• Ensure that all project deliverables are met in a high quality, cost effective and timely fashion.
• Provide oversight with the design and implementation of activities with partners, beneficiary groups and other stakeholders;
• Regularly report on project status to the Country Director and Pact DC portfolio team
• Develop synergies among all Pact programs, and ensure linkages between the Programs, MERL, Capacity Development, Grants, Operations, and Finance teams.
Grants and Procurement Management – 35%
• Administer the full cycle of grants management activities including selection, pre-award assessments, preparation of subgrant instruments, monitoring and compliance, and close-out procedures, including through direct supervision of the grants team.
• Administer the full cycle of procurement activities including competitive selection, vendor vetting, contracting and regulatory compliance, including through direct supervision of the procurement team.
• Respond to issues that arise during grant, subgrant, and contract implementation including financial reporting, modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings.
• Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees.
• Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise.
• Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that all documentation is properly organized and maintained.
• Prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors as required.
• Oversee closeout of awards, and provide oversight to staff for closeout of awards including preparation of final inventories, property disposition under contracts and grants received by Pact.
• Coordinate with Pact DC Agreement Management staff.
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures and ensures others do the same
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Ability to focus and achieve results
• Excellent planning and resource management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
• Ability to problem-solve complex issues
• Ability to multitask with ease and grace, balancing and adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Advanced negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• High proficiency in managing budgets
• Knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
• General understanding of development challenges and operating environments
• Experience in supervising staff, including effective delegation and/or task/role assignment and providing honest feedback and accountability for performance
• Ability to mentor others and model successful management techniques and approaches
• Bachelor’s degree in international development or related field required;
• Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, including experience managing staff.
• Master’s degree in international development or related field
• Experience managing large scale donor funded project(s); demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with managing donor policies, rules, regulations, and procedures;
• Experience managing complex, multi-partner programs, especially in conflict and post-conflict environments;
• Experience in development programming in the areas of health, governance, and/or capacity development;
• Experience working with local partners, sub granting and procurement processes;
• Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning;
• Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken;
• Experience working in a developing country; experience in Nigeria is a plus.
• Willingness to travel within of Nigeria.