The Organization is seeking exceptional candidates to fill existing vacancies for the under-listed positions. Both positions are based in the Organisation’s office in the FCT Abuja and will require occasional travel to, and short-residencies in Lagos.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, this Person will oversee operations, planning and programmes, and co-provide strategic direction for organisation. The core responsibilities include:
- Providing oversight, supervision and guidance for programme staff
- Developing and managing the Organization’s relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Coordinating projects and ensuring that they achieve their objectives within scheduled timelines
- Participating in strategic planning and budgeting
- Participating, as requested by the Executive Director. In development(fundraising) activities
- Coordinate staff performance evaluations and create regular opportunities for appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
- Coordinating other actions as requested by the Executive Director
- Lead and/or supervise critical projects and organizational initiatives
- Work closely with Programme and administrative staff to ensure that all operational functions runs smoothly
Oversee the legal representation of causes in different courts or fora
- The idea candidate will be a forward-thinking lawyer of at least 6 years post-call experience, with a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges in the administration of justice, human rights as well as the delivery of legal and judicial services.
- He or she should be passionate about the organization’s mission and vision, and committed to enhancing access to justice particularly for poor people and human rights in Nigeria.
- S/he will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to undertake effective fundraising and development activities without supervision.
- S/he must have ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks and satisfactorily meet deadline and desired outcomes.
- In the absence of the Director, s/he will assume overall responsibilities for work of the organization.
Compensation is within the N2, 700,000-N3, 000,000 P/A range