• Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales targets and budgets while minimizing shrink.
• Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
• Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
• Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
• Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company’s assets from internal and external shrink.
• Ensures over-all coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
• Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals.
Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
• Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
• Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
• Performs daily inspections in stores to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
• Fulfils all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
• Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Create and establish distribution lines and agents all over S/Western Nigeria
• Carryout market intelligence survey in Lagos and the South west/east/south region weekly and present same to the GM & MD weekly
• Perform other related duties as required by the office of the Managing director