UBS Investment Bank is seeking to recruit a Deputy Head of EMEA Anti Money Laundering Compliance (AMLC), based in London, reporting to the MLRO.
AMLC is responsible for coordinating the anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and sanction programs for UBS Investment Bank. The team helps to provide the firm with the necessary tools to help prevent the use of UBS-IB’s facilities for money laundering, terrorist financing or for violating economic sanction laws, as well as preventing the bribery of public officials.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Day to day oversight of the IB EMEA AMLC team (8 full time employees)
- Demonstrating leadership throughout the team, across business divisions and as part of the global IB AMLC team.
- Dealing with escalations from the team or the business on an ad hoc basis across all aspects of the AML Program;
- Setting the standards in the Client Identification Programme (CIP);
- Review of AML policies; and
- Providing AML education and training where necessary;
- Co-ordinating with the UK Wealth Management AML Compliance Team.
- An extensive understanding of current regulatory requirements and practices within AML and KYC;
- Good knowledge of Sanctions and ABC issues;
- Good managerial and coaching skills;
- Initiative and drive as well as the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Strong ability in written and verbal analysis and all forms of communication.