Our client is A Large Conglomerate with business interests ranging from engineering services to FMCG and healthcare products.
Job Title: Deputy Managing Director
The main objective of the Deputy Managing Director is to assist the Managing Director to ensure the smooth running of the Company and ensure the accomplishment of all company goals and objectives.
- Assist the Managing Director in the day-to-day running of the company
- Supervise the activities of the specific departments namely; Commercial (particularly in business development drive in sourcing for work for company, monitoring and preparation of proposals and projects costing to meet submission deadline), HR (particularly in human capacity development along company work structures) and HSES (safety in work environment and execution)
- Act in the stead of the Managing Director in absence of the MD
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
- Engineering graduate (Electrical/Instrumentation, Chemical, Mechanical/Piping, Structural);
- Minimum 18 years of oil and gas onshore and offshore facilities experience, of which12 years in the organisation and management of detailed design and engineering projects; with recent experience in a similar capacity as managing a major (offshore) project with responsibility for planning, coordinating and managing the design engineering portion of the project and interfacing with the Project Manager of the overall project management and directly responsible for all design activities within the project team.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Players regarding demands for design engineering of onshore and offshore facilities and contacts in this industry.
- Be familiar with the rates for doing engineering works amongst our competitors and how to build up and bench mark cost estimation data for the company.
- Be familiar with places used in building up capacity for our type of business.
Attractive package (+200,000 USD / year )