- The Deputy Project Director/Multisystem Lead will report to Project Director and will be responsible for all project packages. These Packages will be normally be led by Package Co-coordinators and Deputy package coordinators who will report to the Project Director for the performance of their assigned
- The Deputy Project Director/Multisystem Lead will support, direct and lead those Package Co-coordinators and Deputy package coordinators reporting to him.
- He will liaise with the client PMT and represent SCNL and its interest with the client.
- Provides direction and leadership to SCNL policies in HSE, Quality, and project implementation.
- Manage SCNL commercial interest in the project by conducting on-going risk assessment and risk management.
- Coordinates and directs all Package Co-coordinators and Deputy Package coordinators to ensure full compliance with all project requirements.
- Accountable and fully responsible in meeting project objectives and Company directions.
- Development, management and approval of all project execution strategies.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental regulations are met.
- Develop staffing and execution plans for the projects to ensure appropriate skills/talent are available
- Supports SCNL efforts to find and develop local talent and the achievement of its Nigerianisation goals,
- Management of the client and all affiliated parties to ensure commitments are understood and met.
- Plan, organize and direct project engineering activities.
- Review engineering and design schedules, monitor and control cost in all phases.
- SCNL requires a seasoned, hands-on executive with large-scale project experience.
- He or she must be an outstanding leader, must have excellent political and relationship building skills, must be a strategic thinker who clearly understands work processes and systems.
- This person will require exemplary leadership skills and a passion for cost control and project execution.
- He or she must be driven by a desire to meet and exceed exceptionally challenging objectives on time and on budget.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering /Subsea Engineering from a reputable university
- Minimum of 15 years extensive project management experience, including management of large/mega projects.
- Have experience in project estimating, progress reporting, project execution strategies, project risk management, financial reporting, team building and workforce management.
- Specific experience oversea for renowned clients will be an advantage.
- Has demonstrated an overall knowledge of project planning and execution management.
- Experience should include various phases of project implementation.
- Experience dealing in lump sum and/or reimbursable contracting either from the owner or the EPIC side.
- In-depth understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of standard project management methodologies and techniques, and of principles and practices of area of specialization.
- In-depth knowledge of cost and schedule impacts.
- International experience would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of EPIC execution and man-hours for delivery of professional services.
- Excellent grounding in construction and alternative execution methods.
- Excellent leadership and team skills.
- Able to motivate a dynamic fast-paced team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Thrives on accepting responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to clearly communicate, and/of give direction, to multiple internal and external stakeholders in a complex and fast-paced environment.