- The Deputy Team Leader is responsible for managing the strategic design and modification of the humanitarian response in line with the Response Strategy and Master budget. This will include supporting the Humanitarian Programme Manager to identify needs and resources and elaborating programme recommendations for the emergency response in line with Save the Children Nigeria SMT and regional response priorities.
- The post-holder will develop the response strategy and identification of the necessary resources for the response. The DTL will support the Humanitarian Programme Manager by ensuring the Technical Advisor teams provide appropriate design, training and MEAL functions for programming in North East Nigeria.
- The DTL will establish working relations with other agencies, looking for opportunities for partnership and harmonisation of approach and with donors to ensure resources are made available to the response
- The DTL will negotiate the positioning of the humanitarian response within the Country Programme and support the SMT to ensure the suitable resourcing of the response. manage programmes or country support functions and negotiate and network at an international level.
- They will ensure that all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are in place.
- The post holder will play a strategic role in defining the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to maximise impact and enable positive change for children.