• To collaborate with the WASH HoD in ensuring coordination/integration between all ACF WASH (Regular Program and Emergency intervention) and other department programs
- To support WASH Project Managers
- To provide technical support and guidance to nutrition programs and assessments
- To represent ACF and its interests to donors, partners and counterparts
- To ensure proper reporting of the programs
- Post graduate level education in a technical field, preferably in civil/environmental engineering or in another relevant field such as architecture / construction management, public health etc
- At least 4+ years of experience in construction, managing construction/WASH programs in underdeveloped/crisis contexts.
- Significant experience might be considered in lieu of educational qualification, but not other way around
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian WASH guidelines Min. 2-3 years’ experience as a professional in internatAional NGO context, with a sound knowledge of WASH issues in crisis contexts
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD or Arch CAD,
- Proposal development and reporting skills
- Good anticipation, planning skill, especially in changing work contexts.
- Problem solving ability; able to enforce procedures
- Experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture
- Experience in attending and contributing in meetings with government and other agencies
- Good communicator: verbal and written. Diplomatic skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and attention to details.
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field for program monitoring and supportive visits
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous ACF experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Independent, can lead the department as well as ask for guidance and follow instructions.
- Expertise in planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting on humanitarian operations.