AECOM is seeking to employ a highly qualified Design Manager, who can provide overall direction, technical support and control of the project designs with direct responsibility for design review, coordination, monitoring of design schedules, design drawings/documentation and tender process for one of our major projects in Abu Dhabi.
- Providing operational leadership for a section in the department, planning ahead in co-ordination with the business Line lead.
- Managing design stage including coordination with project stakeholders and others external and internal parties to achieve project milestones targets up to construction documents and selection of contractors.
- Ensuring that effective targeting and performance measurements are consistent and delivered throughout the department.
- Liaising with clients concerning progress through meetings and transmittals.
- Conducting Management review meetings to update higher management.
- Managing & co-ordinate engineering activities, designers for specific projects.
- Supervising subordinate personnel in reviewing plans, specifications and preliminary construction layouts and cost estimates.
- Acting as the company representative with the Client and selected consultants and contractors during the program execution.
- Negotiating changes to the scope of work with the client and key sub-consultants. Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project.
- Overseeing implementation of Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents.
- Establishing the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Assigning responsibility to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilise their qualifications & strengths.
- Working with other managers, project engineers and discipline Heads to review budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Planning budget and monitor expenditure minimizing cost and maximizing benefit.
- Overseeing prequalification, preparation and review of TOR’s, and submission of proposal & award process.
- Providing assistance to the client in technical support and supervision of the pre-design, design and tender programs including solicitations of interest, prequalification, preparation review of TOR’s, calls for proposal, adjudication and award recommendations.
- Assisting to monitor Architects’ / Engineers’ performance in the conduct of design programs according to the established packaging strategy, including adherence to schedule, cost and standards codes, design coordination activities, and the production of construction tender documentation which would include securing appropriate approvals from the Client and local regulatory authorities.
- Ensuring that the design review staffs are aware of and have a common understanding of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Overseeing the conduct of design reviews and participate in Architects’ / Engineers’ Value Engineering Workshops (if any) and the holding of regular design coordination meetings.
- Overseeing the review process, administration and expediting of the design phase of the works, specialist design review and Architects’ / Engineers’ design package development reviews, evaluations and updates.
- Overseeing preparation and assembly of tender documentation and approval by the Client and other government agencies. Lead, coach and motivate the team to achieve team objectives and consistently work towards adding value to the business.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Bachelors of Science within a relevant architectural degree, as well as professional membership of an architectural/design organisation
Candidates must have 15 years relevant experience in total, working on Design Management projects, preferably within Mixed Use Development and 5 years Middle East region experience.