The purpose of this job is to implement sales and marketing strategies for selected GSK brands to pharmacies and develop unique and sustainable competitive advantage in order to achieve annual sales targets. The scope of this job will span across the Pharma (Rx) and Consumer (Cx) businesses
1) Conduct all business activities in accordance with the rules, product compliance procedures, sales and trade policies as outlined in GSK standard operating procedures.
2) Ensure science is at the heart of all detailing and business interactions.
3) Build and maintain professional relationship with pharmacists at retail pharmacy outlets so as to ensure advocacy for GSK products.
4) Promote and manage product recommendations at retail pharmacies in assigned territory.
5) Utilize currently approved promotional materials and other marketing support materials to inform and engage health care professionals at retail pharmacies in assigned territory.
6) Communicate, in line with GSK guidelines and principles, new product launches, key marketing initiatives, trade incentives, and promotional activities.
7) Achieve set annual value and volume sales target for the assigned territory through optimal sales activities.
8) Conduct efficient planning for scientific engagement activities and customer contact frequency in assigned territory.
9) Manage a portfolio of pharmacists as customers, while keeping an updated customer record and implementing key business drivers in the assigned territory.
10) Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
11) Provide timely, accurate and detailed market intelligence report on adverse event reporting of GSK products, fake and counterfeit and also competitor’s activities report.
12) Consistently look for new market/business opportunities in pharmacies and communicate reccommended pricing structure within the phamacy channels.
13) Ensure effective use of expenditure budget and assigned GSK assets to maximize return on investment.
14) Timely completion of key administrative tasks as required by line manager (e.g. weekly work plans, monthly report, expenses etc)
15) Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
1) Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B. Pharm)
2) Registered pharmacist with at least 2 years work experience as a sales representative for large or medium size pharmaceutical company in the business of prescription products, OTC, generics, or FMCG products.
3) Negotiation experience, especially with distributors, wholesalers, and retail pharmacy owners.
4) Experience engaging pharmacy cooperatives.
1) Knowledge of sales techniques and closing skills.
2) Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3) Proficient in commercial mathematics.
4) Professional demeanor and customer service skills.
5) Territory management
6) Product knowledge and strong presentation skills.
7) Abilty to build and maintain client relationships.
8) Motivation for sales.