- Ensure that developers, startups and partners in the local region are successful through building applications and businesses on Google's platforms.
- Coordinate and execute both online and offline outreach in the local region. This could include responsibility for community-driven events like Google Developer Groups events, as well as having responsibility for local content, regional blogs and social networking channels.
- Identify and engage key top developers in the region to become Google Developer Experts and connect local GDEs with internal and other external experts/communities.
- Ensure that the GDG program is active and sustainable across Sub-Saharan Africa. Track performance of GDG chapters and manage growth of the GDG program.
- Map and understand the local region’s developer and startup ecosystem.