- Incumbent will serve as the principal liaison to the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) (www.ustda.gov) and coordinate closely with USTDA on the management and development of its on-going and prospective program activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will provide advice and analysis to the USTDA Regional Director for Sub-Saharan Africa and Country Manager for West Africa related to the identification, evaluation and tracking of USTDA's foreign assistance activities in Nigeria, across highly diverse and complex sectors such as energy, information technology, transportation, and the environment.
- The incumbent will work with Nigerian companies, U.S. companies present in Nigeria, sub-regional and national development banks, commercial finance institutions and with Nigerian government officials to develop new USTDA funding opportunities in Nigeria and to evaluate ongoing or completed activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will handle the local marketing efforts for USTDA, prepare sectorial analyses, and report bi-weekly on local managerial and budgetary matters in coordination with the U.S. Embassy in Abuja, and both the U.S. Consulate and U.S. Commercial Service in Lagos.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in International Business, Economics, Business Administration, Law, Political Science, Marketing, Finance, or Foreign Trade is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in international economics, marketing, finance, trade or investment promotion, or banking is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with Nigerian business practices, government operations, economic development needs, laws, policies, and major infrastructure and industrial activities, including development and financing of such projects is required.
- Ability to interact with a network of high-level contacts providing creative solutions to problem solving; to exercise a high degree of autonomy in daily work activities, including prioritization of work projects, outreach to high level public and private sector contacts; to be innovative and analytical in judgment is required.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software programs is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of "Needs Improvement" or "Unsatisfactory" on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.