Microsoft is proactively engaging in a transition to becoming a devices and services company. As part of this transformation, the world wide specialist sales team (WWSTU) is creating a new Windows Device sales role to land in subsidiaries worldwide. These Windows Device SSP will be responsible for selling Windows Devices in our Enterprise accounts. Collectively, these sellers will represent an elite team who will lead Microsoft’s transition to becoming a leading supplier of Devices within our Enterprise accounts.
The Windows Device SSP role adds value by:
1. Competing on every tablet & phone opportunity and beating the competition with Windows Devices
2. Equally selling both Windows OEM and Surface tablets and Windows Phone units with the goal of becoming the leading supplier of Tablets and Phone to Enterprise customers
3. Proactively developing and closing a healthy pipeline of qualified Windows device selling opportunities
4. Driving Tablet and Phone wins within the majority of Enterprise Accounts to create seeds for growing to larger deployment unit opportunities
5. Working with account team members, OEM/OC partners, application developers/design agencies, and/or services to drive unit wins of Tablets & Phones and expanding sales opportunities to sell Microsoft business productivity and cloud services.
6. Providing solution sales leadership to ensure customer infrastructure is ‘Windows 8 ready’ as a way to increase the adoption and penetration of Windows devices within Enterprise.
7. Working with the Account Technology Strategist (ATS) during Account Planning and IO Discovery to develop customer profiles relative to devices, applications and mobility for enterprise customers.
8. Identifying and pursuing competitive iPad and Android opportunities within Enterprise accounts created by BYOD and Consumerization of IT to create a new device selling motion to Business Decision makers.
9. Ensuring handoffs to and engagements with the appropriate resources (to key roles, such as Account Managers, Account Technical Specialists and Technical Sales Professionals, OEM partners and/or services) at the appropriate phase of the Microsoft Solution Selling Process.
10. Delivering Microsoft’s Mobility story to customers and securing their agreement on the Windows devices and applications required for a given solution.
11. Contributing to the engagement and readiness of OEM, OC, ISVs and authorized hardware reseller partners who can help the Windows Device SSP role scale through increased device and apps sales capacity.
12. Owning delivery of the consumerization and mobility story to ITDM and BDM to drive device + apps solution offerings.
The Windows Device SSP role is unique given:
1. Its focus on selling Windows Devices (Tablet & Phone) within our Enterprise accounts.
2. Its focus on selling Windows Devices to Business Decision Makers in enterprise accounts.
3. Its in-depth knowledge of the enterprise mobile device strategies required to successfully sell Windows devices vs. the competition.
4. Its focus on articulating and demonstrating a cohesive and differentiated mobility value proposition using Windows devices, applications and mobility solutions.
5. Its ability to leverage a non-traditional set of selling partners - including OEMs, OCs and ISVs - to enable their Windows devices and solutions to compete in the mobility device space.
Windows Device SSP Deliverables and Microsoft Enterprise Sales Process
SSP Profile of Excellence - Windows Device SSP Summary
Deliverables, Tasks and Success Criteria
Proactive device sales engagements: Success in this job deliverable is measured by Tablet Wins, Phone Wins, Tablet units and Phone units; as well as pipeline volume & velocity, customer mobility readiness and application win numbers being met or exceeded:
FY14 WD SSP success is also measured by achieving or exceeding units metrics and:
- Ensuring completion of device/apps profiling in Account Planning for all assigned accounts.
- Ensuring device selling field readiness through direct enablement across the account team.
- Effectively managing a sufficient pipeline of opportunities to achieve/exceed targets.
- Executing OEM/OC joint selling framework into assigned accounts to create 50%+ win rate.
- 100% required training completed, as measured by Field Readiness Index (FRI).
- 100% CRM usage and accuracy for Device Sales opportunities in assigned accounts. This includes accurate close dates, partner identification, solution description, defined next steps, and sales stage info. Total of 100% combining all deliverables below:
Securing the right device & app for the right end user scenario with key customers: Tasks include determining the appropriate solution to address the customer’s pain or opportunity, pulling together an effective v-team and evaluation/engagement plan, sourcing opportunities to the appropriate partners, ISV’s and/or Services. Success is measured by the effectiveness of the v-team, the customer’s agreement to the Windows device/apps ecosystem, partner solutions and/or devices. 30%
Healthy, Valid Device Sales Opportunity Pipeline with high close rate: Tasks include developing and monitoring the pipeline and its health through team reviews; inputting into the appropriate tools and identifying stalled or disengaged opportunities. Success is measured by the pipeline’s weighted gap, unit quota that is met or exceeded, partner attach rate to all opportunities in pipeline, and the accuracy of information shared with team members and input into tools. 20%
All Out Evangelism of the Microsoft Mobility Story: Tasks include delivering Mobility strategy messaging to key BDMs and/or at Management Briefings; coordinating sales pilot /POC engagements (e.g., MAAP, DSS etc.); align to TSP activities to ensure customer infrastructure is ready for mobility solutions; and communicating back to customers and internal team members after all engagements. Success is measured by engagements and solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations, and customer agreement or commitment to deploy Windows devices and apps. 20%
Closing Device Sales in Alignment with ATU/STU Team Members, Partners and/or Services: Tasks include developing and presenting proposals to customers, monitoring the procurement process, facilitating discussions/negotiations between partners and/or Services and making recommendations on additional products or offerings to move deals to close. Success is measured by a signed contract or agreement from the customer. 30%
Qualifications: 5-8 years of related experience
Field of Study: Business, Social Sciences, Economics, Finance, Engineering
Professional Training and Certification: New Business Development, sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), presentation skills, negotiation skills, financial analysis, Line of Business applications, business process consulting or automation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.