Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of digging materials.
Key aims and objectives:
- Digs out a site layout, exercising care not to dig too deep into wood or other cables lines
- Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or pavement.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Performs other related duties as required.