- Provide day-to-day contact with key client personnel, developing and maintaining a close and productive relationship.
- Identify and deal with problems as they arise, involving the Line Manager when needed.
- Ensure client requests are dealt with promptly and that expectations are managed in terms of speed, delivery and quality.
- Ensure client requests are developed into relevant internal briefs using specified company documentation and procedures.
- Manage all jobs to ensure they are scheduled on time, to budget and appropriately monitored.
- Ensure contact reports of key meetings and telephone conversations are issued within 24 – 48 hours.
- Ensure regular work in progress and status reports are issued and distributed.
- Ensure due diligence such as research or background information is prepared for design briefs, pitches or presentations.
- Understand and be able to articulate the role of digital media in communications planning.
- Lead and contribute to creative briefing meetings with clients.
- Distinguish between a good and poor client brief and ask the right questions to help formulate a clearer brief before it is accepted.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each client’s business and respective operating industry.
Design Production and Technical Development
- Demonstrate good understanding and experience of managing the process of technical backend development of websites/microsites/multimedia campaigns.
- Develop good working relationships with relevant team members from the technical development team.
- Build contacts of reliable digital/multimedia services suppliers (design and development) within the UAE. Ensure the suppliers meet the security standards of Al-Futtaim Group.
- Demonstrate strong ability to negotiate with external suppliers to subcontract projects, when required.
- Work with relevant team members to manage the design production and development process and ensure adherence to timescales, budget and quality standards.
Administration and Financial Management
- Ensure a systematic and efficient filing system is maintained.
- Manage and maintain job numbers and job records.
- Ensure accurate quotations are prepared and approved at the beginning of any campaign.
Internal Team Management and Development
- Work closely with the other team members to smoothly manage day to day jobs.
- Assist in managing any assigned staff and developing them for roles of greater responsibility.
- Give constructive feedback on the performance of any assigned staff and recommend appropriate training requirements.
- Monitor on-going costs throughout individual projects/ campaigns.
- Manage timely invoicing of jobs, deal with any billing or financial query as appropriate.
- Monitor actual figures against projected revenue and notify the Line Manager, of any variance and the reasons why.
- Monitor profitability of individual jobs to manage current and future profitability.
- Demonstrate a positive, solutions orientated attitude.
- Proactively pursue self-development opportunities.
- Assume responsibility with Line Manager for reviewing performance and personal development.