The Digital (Emerging markets) Team is seeking an outstanding candidate who can project manage the creation of new mobile and digital push payment solutions and project manage the in-market implementation for Nigeria. Responsibilities include managing design, development, approval, risk assessment and eventual widespread commercialization of new offerings which are first of their kind in the payment industry. These new push payment solutions have to be deployed keeping in mind the evolving market and client and consumer needs, with the objective of driving significant future market growth for Visa in emerging markets. The ideal candidate filling this role must possess a unique blend of project management, product management and implementation skills as well have an intimate understanding of payments, mobile technology, consumer behavior and Visa’s business.
- 7+ years' work experience preferably from a relevant field with prior experience in taking new products from the idea stage to commercial launch.
- Business degree preferred, technical education and background is advantageous.
- Project Management experience is essential
- Extremely high value on direct exposure to emerging market payment solutions (mobile wallets, mobile money ecosystems, agent banking, mobile money transfers).
- Spoken and written English fluency.
- Understanding of payments, Visa systems, banking and financial services and associated platforms and commercial models.
- Knowledge of payment and mobile technology and their impact on emerging business models.
- Knowledge of consumer behavior in emerging markets.
- Knowledge of retail and its structure in emerging market.
- Experience of working with and understanding relevant government laws and regulations.
- Excellent inter-personal/ client management skills.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Driven, self-starter.
- Culturally adaptable.
- Willingness and ability to work in unstructured and informal settings with clients and/or partners.