Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Dimensional checking of fabricated members at both pre weld and post weld status.
- Dimensional checking of fabricated members when assembled into structures/frames at both pre weld and post weld status.
- Dimensional checking and monitoring of structures/frame integration to form completed structure at both pre weld and post weld status.
- All of the above are to be carried out using both basic measuring techniques (tape, level and square) and more advanced techniques such as optical levels and EDM depending upon the item to be checked.
- Random verification of interim dimensional control reports from fabrication and returning such to the crew leads/superintendent.
- Review of the AFC drawings to ensure fully understanding of the structure/element to be checked.
- Preparation of field survey results for review by superintendent, and subsequent forwarding to fabrications/client as required.
- Ensuring that any discrepancies from design and deviation from tolerance are reported to the fabrication teams to allow corrections to be made to bring items within tolerance.
- Schedule and perform join inspections with client’s representative to allow client sign off of fabricated items/structures.
- Ensure that only calibrated or verified equipment is used for dimension control activities.
- Support the works and facilities department in carrying out topographical surveys when required to facilitate yard expansion and CAPEX projects.
- Assist the construction teams in providing setting out points derived from engineering for structures in the erection areas.