Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- Financial Services
- Financial Services
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
- Specific Job/Responsibilities
- Takes lead on proposal design and development, financial planning and budgeting, and provides guidance to program managers on same.
- Monitors cash flow and maintains adequate funds for project implementation.
- Prepares monthly financial reports (Trial balance, budget tracking, and project performance reports) to donors and management use.
- Oversees all financial and management accounting operations of the project.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in continually exploring opportunities for cost-cutting, cost-sharing and rational use of the project's resources, and advise the COP accordingly.
- Ensures the procurement process for materials and services adheres to organizational and donor policies, and inventory management.
- Manages grant’s disbursement systems and works closely with contracts officers of donors to comply with terms and conditions of the grants.
- Conducts financial pre-award visits to potential sub-grantees to assess their managerial capability, and provides continuous technical assistance and training to sub-grantees and track their budget and expenditures.
- Takes a lead in project closeout processes including final financial reports, auditing, and inventory disposal plan.
- Maintains business relationship with the project banks, external auditors, vendors and other stakeholders
- Supervises finance and admin staff to ensure accurate and timeliness in management reports and Progress Reports and projections to donors.
- Manages administration system, i.e. payroll, travel arrangements, personnel issues, and security systems for office and properties. Others are legal matters, property leases, communication systems, procurements, premises, assets, staff safety and security.
- Coordinates staff recruitment, compensation and development to increase their commitment and capabilities.
A chartered accountant (ACCA, ACA or CPA) with a minimum of HND/B.Sc. degree in Accounting or Social Sciences.
Masters in Business Administration is an added advantage. He/she must have at least ten years working experience in finance, audit and administration with Non-Governmental organizations.
Also a demonstration of experience on automated accounting systems (particularly QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems, auditing processes and accounting procedures for multiple donors such as United Nations, USAID, Global Fund, DFID etc.