- Gas to Power (GTP) is a critical growth strategy for GE which is based on the ability to deliver fuel based solutions to locations that need power.
- The central London based GTP team coordinates the GTP efforts across GE; building a strategy and local ground game with the region and business teams and working with development partners, gas suppliers and traders, and financial institutions to provide solutions for the opportunities across our regions.
- The Gas Infrastructure Director will play a critical role in supporting the Structuring Leader in constructing and implementing GTP solutions to enable solutions related to a variety of gas based solutions including small scale LNG and LPG across West Africa – with a particular focus on virtual pipeline solutions in Nigeria.
- He/she will have extensive knowledge and relationships in the Power and Oil & Gas industries in West Africa to enable him/her to develop business opportunities in the region.
- He/she will have deep gas to power sectoral expertise and experience developing and executing gas infrastructure solutions involving LNG and/or LPG as an advisor or principal
- He/ he will drive the progression of priority Gas to Power projects working with businesses and regional teams and local GTP partnerships in the region. He/she will play a critical role in driving deals to completion.
- Identify, structure and implement investible and bankable/financeable fuel based solutions
- Regular interaction with potential customers/partners in Nigeria/West Africa serving as a single point of contact for GE towards facilitating GTP solutions, namely
- Refueling opportunities,
- Virtual pipelines (developing end-to-end business model from feed to customer storage),
- Solutions addressing gas supply of alternative gases (LPG, propane, etc.) for embedded or public generation opportunities;
- Identify commercial & industrial enterprises as customers for GE and develop/maintain relationships with Gas Infrastructure divisions of all IOC’s and NOC’s in the country;
- Field visits to customers and/or gas assets when and where required;
- Coordinate effectively across various GE businesses/teams - GTP; O&G, P&W and Nigerian GGO team to achieve sales/orders;
- Build and maintain a database of existing and future gas fired generation/infrastructure projects initially focused on West Africa;
- Drive information sharing and best practices across the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical discipline e.g. Engineering, etc. and/or Business Administration.
- Senior level experience in gas to power consulting, project development, advisory or project finance
- Proven relationship building and communication skills - strategic thinker;
- Ability to identify deal opportunities early & drive them to closure - strong project management skills;
- Analytical strength -financial acumen; innate problem solving capability;
- 10+ years working experience in Nigeria and abroad
- Ability to work amongst a variety of different cultures with excellent verbal and written English skills;
- Team player and ability to be highly effective in a matrix environment;
- Good communicator with good presentation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Perseverance - ability to get things done.