- The Director-General will be the chief operating officer of the organization in charge of the implementation of its policies and programmes.
- He/She will report to the Board of Trustees through the Management Committee of the organization.
- He/She will lead an initial small but dynamic team of staff which will be expected to grow modestly within a few years.
- The successful candidate will be required to be in regular contact with a cross-section of the Kane community including youth groups the business community, women groups arid government ministries and departments as well as civil and community leaders.
- The candidate will also be in regular contact with donor agencies and other development agencies within Nigeria and overseas.
- The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, a post graduate qualification in the Humanities Law or Social Sciences and a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, be computer literate and be familiar with the workings of national and international development agencies.
- Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa languages.
- Any additional language skill will be an added advantage.
- The position is available for an initial period of two years.
- Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience, but will be competitive.