1. Leads the design and implementation of the project’s health sector strengthening interventions focused on the State Governments, Local Government Areas, Ward Development Council and local NGOs and Civil Society Organizations participating in the project.
2. HSS topics will include: human resource management (pre-service and in-service training, supportive supervision; selection, deployment and motivation of providers and managers) supply chain management, leadership and governance, program and financial planning and reporting, inter-institutional coordination, health information systems and/or fundraising.
3. Coordinate the HSS expertise of MSH and of its sub-contractors, which will include international, national and local organizations so that the project’s HSS interventions are designed and implemented as a single package which includes the best expertise of MSH and each of its sub-contractors.
4. Link with HSS counterparts in government and international development agencies and NGOs to coordinate and leverage the project’s HSS interventions.
5. Contribute to strengthening MSH presence in Nigeria
. Master’s degree in Public Health or related area.
2. Minimum of 7 years of successful experience as senior-level HSS expert in health projects of equivalent size and complexity, funded by USAID or by other international donors. This HSS experience must include both government institutions and civil society organizations and must include at least four of the following HSS topics:
- human resource management,
- supply chain management,
- leadership and governance,
- program and financial planning and
- reporting, inter-institutional coordination and health information systems and/or fundraising.
3. Prior working experience in health programs in Nigeria.
4. Successful experience leading HSS staff and consultants within a consortium of international and local sub-contractors to achieve measurable results within a technically complex and integrated health program.
5. Successful experience in engaging HSS representatives of the host country government, civil society organizations, international development organizations and NGOs to support project implementation and/or to provide complementary resources to the project.
6. Successful experience in sharing knowledge, documenting experience, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
7. Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions
9. Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
10. Excellent written communication in English is required.