From gala events, to hotel accolades, to exciting innovations – every day at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr brings an engaging story to share with our guests and community. Be the voice of your hotel’s storied past and vibrant present as Director of Marketing, where you will showcase your creativity, communication skills and pride as an ambassador for your unique destination!
- Developing and executing public relations programs within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Working with a pre opening team to generate awareness and visibility for the new opening property.
- Developing and maintaining an issues awareness program and crisis communications program.
- Acting as spokesperson for the hotel and as a member of the Executive/Crisis Management Team.
- Assisting sales, rooms, spa and food and beverage in creating promotional programs with media outlets (radio, TV, print).
- Assisting Director of Sales & Marketing with off season promotions, packaging and the marketing of communication tools.
- Liaise with the hotel’s creative agency on collateral, promotional pieces, and advertising campaigns.
- Writing, developing, producing and distributing press kits, releases and photo releases as necessary.
- Being a key contact within the hotel for the media, industry partners and the community.
- Developing/creating promotional events that assist non profit groups within the community while raising the profile of the hotel.
- Developing and building positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets.
- Developing joint regional and national promotional opportunities with other Fairmont properties.
- Co ordinating participation in National Public Relations programs.
- Developing and maintaining all media mailing lists and contact information.
- Maintaining an up to date photo library, including a photographic record of all media and special events.Conduct media familiarization trips as needed.
- Playing a key role in the environmental stewardship of our property.
- Responsible to successfully manage and coach the communications team.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Diploma/Degree in Public Relations and/or Journalism.
- Proven media relations skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong computer literacy, especially with Word.
- Experience in developing and executing creative promotional programs and events as well as familiarization itineraries.
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Proven ability to create partnerships within the industry and community.
- Must be self motivated and able to make decisions while handling numerous projects at one time.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.