The Director is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Devising and implementing a strategic media relations plan to reach our target audiences.
• Cultivating a portfolio of media contacts to help place local, regional and national stories in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
• Creating pitches and media opportunities to raise awareness of Konga’s line of business.
• Planning and coordinating larger communications campaigns around a central theme and incorporating earned media, social media, web and community outreach.
• Providing messaging, spokesperson and crisis communications training to colleagues as necessary.
• Assisting in strategy development for social media and online content.
• Creating compelling online content in the form of online features about Konga’s evolving business areas.
• Serve as a primary media relations point of contact for Konga Online Shopping.
• Develop and implement media strategies that maximize Konga’s presence in Africa.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media contacts. Proactively seek and initiate story placements that are on message. Respond to media inquiries.
• Serve as strategic communications advisor to Konga staff on public relations, crisis prevention and management.
• Develop speeches, key messages and talking points, as needed. Serve as spokesperson where appropriate.
• Assist in setting strategy for social media and other online content, and create compelling content for multiple online channels.
• Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
• Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research; coordinates
and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
PLANNING AND BUDGETING
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the CEO.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
• Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.