The Director for Country Operations has primary responsibility for ensuring that MSH operations in Nigeria are functioning efficiently and effectively, and aligns to support attainment of project results and client expectations.
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (for office management, local procurement, fleet management and logistics, consultant and subcontractor administration, etc.) in line with local laws and regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
- Lead and manage the operations functions by aligning staffing and systems with country projects and available resources to provide timely, cost effective, and high quality support and administrative services to all MSH country-based projects and activities.
- Provide equitable, effective, timely, cost-effective, and high‐quality operations and administrative support to all MSH in-country projects within local laws and available resources, and in an environment with adequate internal controls, adherence to contracts regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in routine management team meetings, and attend other meetings which are relevant to the operations activities, including country OST meetings.
- Coordinate execution of internal/external operations, financial or program reviews or audits, and ensures timely follow up to reviews or audits conclusions and recommendations that are relevant to operations in collaboration with the OST.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Operations Officer and country OST to achieve resolution of pending operations issues, questions and home office operations support requests. Communicate with other MSH HQ-based parties (Centers, projects, corporate offices) as needed to ensure proper consultation and notification of important information and issues.