VMware is always looking for stellar Marketing and Communications professionals to join our team.
The ideal candidate is hungry for uncovering new sources of pipeline and can tenaciously remove barrios and innovate programs that incent our field and customers to participate. This communications leader will work collaboratively across the customer reference team to create program that complements the existing reference model, yet rounds out a robust engine for driving a volume of customer win stories and capitalizes on untold stories.
• Responsible for developing an operating model to drive breadth of customer storytelling in VMware’s communications, working across the global field organization
• Establish methodology to manage the customer breadth pipeline, source and prioritize opportunities and secure customer engagement.
• Create a menu of innovative, communications programs including pr, social media, video, speaking opportunities that deliver value to our customers and a compelling reason for them to participate.
• Support corporate PR initiatives including campaigns, product launches, and signature stories with customer voice.
• Partner closely with the Customer Reference program and Champions program to create an ecosystem for breadth and depth to complement one another.
• Develop team of contractors and manage an agency resource to drive scale in vetting and evaluating opportunities, as well as story development
• Minimum of 10-12 years of experience designing and implementing strategic communications initiatives.
• Must innately possess a strong analytical capability and metrics orientation, as well as accute attention to detail, process and methodology.
• Demonstrated change management / change leadership skills and organizational development consulting skills
• Proven ability to establish trusted relationships and work collaboratively across communications and marketing functions
• Ability to engage directly with SE’s and customers to evaluate opportunities and pitch communications angle and benefits to the customer.
• Experience in the software/enterprise IT infrastructure segment preferred