Main duties will include, amongst other things:
- To represent the Accounting & Finance Division on the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To prepare and to interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel.
- To audit the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, aided by the ongoing efforts to streamline internal control procedures.
- To assist the General Manager and Heads of Department in the compilation forecasts covering all activities of the hotel.
- To satisfy that Accounts Receivable activities and to ensure that the monthly trial balance of accounts are correctly aged and the totals are in agreement with the controlling balance. To review the city ledger accounts with AP Supervisor and Credit Manager.
- To co-ordinate monthly credit meeting with Executive Committee Members. To prepare reports to General Manager indicating trend of balances, accounts requiring special attention, accounts turned over to special attention and those recommended to be written off etc.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Professionally qualified candidates will have a distinct advantage
- Have a background in luxury hospitality, with at least 5 years as an Assistant Finance Director or higher
- Be fluent in English, be an excellent communicator, and very well presented