- Implement financial and administrative policies and procedures that meet project needs, corporate and client requirements, and local laws.
- Ensure compliance to terms and references of the contract.
- Provide training to field staff on project procedures, including building skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems providing data measurements on financial performance of project and project activities.
- Prepare budgets and revenue plans for project programming and corporate reporting.
- Provide on-going financial administration to project including approvals of purchase requisitions, consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and client invoices.
- Work with the COP to liaise with the client on finance and administrative issues.
- Participate in negotiations with client on contract issues and actions and follow up on client requests and concerns.
- Lead procurement efforts for the project, including the selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of subcontractors on the project.
- Oversee grant awards, grant management, and grantee compliance.
- Develop and oversee systems for providing financial and administrative support to staff at the all levels.
- A Master’s Degree (preferred), in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
- At least 12 years of experience in a management position in the public or private sector, at least 5 years of which on USAID activities.
- Prior experience in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred.
- Familiarity with Abt’s financial, accounting, and project management systems, policies, and procedures highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and/or experience in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, and other management support areas, as required;
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experience to:
- Manage a program of similar magnitude and complexity, including those funded by USAID;
- Work collaboratively across technical disciplines;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Manage grants under a contract; and
- The ability to travel extensively to program location within Nigeria, as required.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.