An exciting role has arisen at Wild Wadi Waterpark for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to deliver strategic and value added Human Resources interventions at Wild Wadi Waterpark to ensure business goals and objectives are met. To lead the operational Human Resources and Training Teams in the provision of delivering effective and efficient Human Resources Services and training excellence that makes Jumeirah a preferred employer whilst demonstrating commercial awareness and maintaining colleague engagement.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to the HR team in order to increase knowledge, skills set and share best practice.
- Developing and driving the Strategic Business Unit Human Resources Strategy in line with Regional Human Resources direction and monitoring its execution to ensure achievement of the objectives.
- Driving the continuous improvement agenda with particular focus on maximising productivity, devolving Human Resources responsibilities and building leadership capability through the senior and middle management teams.
- Ensuring free-flow of two-way communication between Strategic Business Unit Human Resources and internal communications are coordinated to colleagues receive relevant and timely messages in an appropriate style and medium.
- Planning and Deploying the annual Human Resources budget, manning and capex process and ensure direct reports’ Profit and Loss are well managed and monitored.
- Proposing changes to organisational structures using best practice organisational development principles to provide the most appropriate structure to support future growth and flexible labour.
- Ensuring National Development initiatives are well communicated and fully supported.
- Consulting on workforce planning activities in order to optimise staffing levels, productivity and service standards in the most cost effective manner.
- Being able to regularly analyse and review Human Resources statistics to identify trends so that attention can be directed to key issues and resources adjusted accordingly.
- Taking responsibility for the recruitment and selection of all colleagues in order to ensure effective hiring decisions with hands-on involvement at senior management level.
- Ensuring Colleague Opinion Survey results are communicated, analysed and action plans are developed and reviewed on a regular basis to improve colleagues’ working and living conditions.
- Ensuring Colleague Consultative Committee function is deployed effectively.
- Advising on Human Resources policy, UAE labour legislation and European Human Resources Best Practice.
- Ensuring all activities in performance management process are effectively executed so that colleagues have the opportunity to participate, receive feedback and given opportunities to develop.
- Coordinating and driving talent management process in order to ensure talent management is fully embraced and the benefits fully realised.
- Being able to regularly coach, mentor and support senior and high potential colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs, develop and maintain effective relationships and encourage retention.
- Being able to provide coaching, counseling and disciplinary support in line with European best practice.
- Planning, driving and deploying colleague recognition, reward & engagement activities.
- Ensuring that training programmes and development opportunities are deployed at a consistently high standard, aligned with business needs and Jumeirah culture.
- Completing "Manager of the Day" operational shifts including Ladies Night operations.
- Performing other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
In order to be considered for the role, you must hold a recognised Human Resources qualification from a reputable university and have a psychometric/ability assessment qualification. A minimum of 10 years experience in a generalist Human Resources role wherein 5 years of these supervising or managing an Human Resources team, working within the leisure/hospitality industry in a large scale operation are essential for the role.
Experience working in the Middle East and to Western Labour Legislation are desirable as well as managing a culturally diverse workforce.
It is essential that you are proficient in MS Office application and fluent in written and verbal English with highly effective communication and influencing skills, showcasing evidence of inspirational leadership with strong business acumen.
This position is a senior manager within the business and accordingly comes with an attractive salary and benefits package including:
- Competitive basic salary per month
- Accommodation allowance
- Participation in the Management Incentive Scheme
- Participation in the company 'Savings & Retirement' plan
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Annual Flight allowance to Home Destination
- Married colleague will enjoy family benefits up to two children plus education assistance