1. Provide in-country technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management. These tasks include, among others:
a. Ensure the integration of M&E activities into all project components.
b. Collect, report and analyze information on project activities.
c. Ensure timely and complete reporting from in-country executing partners in accordance with approved reporting formats.
d. Monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators.
e. Assist the Chief of Party in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and annual implementation plans with a view towards the project’s M&E requirements.
f. Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, inception report, ad-hoc technical reports, and success stories for USAID funding in line with the required formats.
g. Collect data for annual M&E plan and use those data to improve project performance.
h. Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making.
i. Compile information on lessons learned and expertise within and outside the project.
2. Provide capacity building activities on M+E to selected stakeholders and sub-contractors participating in project activities (government, CBOs, NGOs). Required capacity building includes reporting and management use of periodically collected health information, Data Quality Assurance, DHIS2 and LQAS.
3. Develop a detailed annual work plan to build technical and managerial capacity of project.
a. Based on the capacity building work plan mentioned above conduct monthly seminars, hands-on training, mentoring and coaching for project staff.
4. Design and implement operations research
- Masters’ degree in management, M&E, health sciences or public health or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded public health programs; some of this experience must include health programs in Nigeria and the US Government as the project’s donor.
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building on M+E.
- Experience establishing data quality assurance systems. Demonstrated experience with software applications related to project planning and monitoring.
- Successful experience leading M+E activities within a team comprising staff and consultant coming from diverse organizations.
- Prior experience conducting operations research desirable.
- Successful experience in sharing knowledge, documenting experience, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions
- Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
- Excellent written communication in English is required.