- Investment Banking
- Financial Services
- Minimum Qualification
- Master's Degree
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- Working with the Director of Project Development, develop and implement a strategy for Africa50 in developing a pipeline of appropriate infrastructure projects in Africa;
- Hire and Lead a team to originate and finance (debt, mezzanine and equity) infrastructure projects in Africa, balancing the requirements of governments and private sector participants, while meeting the risk/reward objectives of Africa50 in both financial and environmental and social areas;
- Lead a team to structure, negotiate and execute the financial contracts of infrastructure projects. This will also entail working closely with, and providing input to the Project Development team on all contracts in Infrastructure projects;
- Provide Risk with all information to enable them to measure, manage and monitor risk exposures;
- Produce regular reports to the Senior Management Team and the Board on progress;
- Maintain a macro-overview of specific business environments including finance and regulatory/environmental legislation in Africa;
- Work with the legal and risk departments to ensure that Africa50’s requirements are incorporated into any documentation;
- Ensure that operational risk is managed effectively within his/her areas of responsibility, and that his/her teams comply with all approved operational risk controls;
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, assists the CEO in the management and development of Africa50 to ensure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Experience of and a successful track record in project finance of infrastructure projects in emerging markets, including debt, mezzanine and equity.
- Experience of current trends, developments, and theories in finance and development of infrastructure around the world.
- Skills to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Ability to recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, governments, and employees.
- People management skills to supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for growth and improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.